Rate Question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by seamuskrat, Jul 10, 2008.

1. seamuskrat macrumors 6502a

seamuskrat

OK, I am apparently blind today, as I cannot find any info spefically relating to my situation.

Current ATT iPhone customer.

I have a Family plan for $50 for 750 shared minutes, and an additional line for $9.99 and the $20.00 iPhone data plan. As the iPhone is the extra phone.

If I go with the 3G, I am hoping it is as simple as converting my extra line to the new iPhone, replacing the $20.00 with the $30.00 plus $5.00 for text messages and $18.00 for my pain.

But I can no longer find any documentation stating there is a 3G data plan liek that. I am sure I cannot be the only one with this style of contract.

I do not want/need 2 iPhones so the all iPhone familt plan is not for me, and I obviosuly don't want a single line of service.

My local ATT store is not yet up to speed and was conflicted in their advice. The sales person said I could do exactlyw hat I wanted with no problem, but anopther person said there was no code for that. The manager looked it up and said I would need to get the all iPhone family plan for 149.99 plus text messages to have an 'equivilent' plan and there was no 3G data plan.

I am still on the fence about the 3G. Where I work I get zero reception inside, and I am told by others with 3G ATT that this is vastly improved (North NJ) so it would be well worth it for me to get the phone, plus I will not complain about the speeds. BUt My total bill with taxes is $90.00 so if I add the extra $15 I don;t mind it going to like $110 or so, but I just don't need it for more than that.

Can anyone remeber where I saw (hallucinated) that there was an add on 3G data plan for $30.00?

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

From the way that I understand it, what you stated is how it should work. Does anyone else know anything different.

3. seamuskrat thread starter macrumors 6502a

seamuskrat

Sure would be nice. That way Apple gets my $299 and ATT gets another $15 a month from me and I am done in 20 minutes.

4. naid macrumors regular

I remember reading something that you may have to get two iPhones with your new family plan. Hopefully AT&T will clear this up in a few days.