Rate Sources/Rumor Sites

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by PhysicsGuy, Sep 3, 2007.

1. PhysicsGuy macrumors newbie

You guys have everything down great, I was just thinking it might help to rate the sources you quote on your articles. It could be a simple percent system - like this website is right 79% of the time. It might help readers have a better idea exactly how reliable rumor information given is? Just a thought! :)

2. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

It's hard to put a number on it, since not every prediction is 100% right or wrong. And sometimes they end up being correct, but don't have the right timeframe for the release. How do you quantify that? And some sites' reliability changes over time, so how far back should we count when calculating this percentage.

It's just nearly impossible to quantify a site's accuracy. That said, we usually try to add some qualitative description of a site's track record (especially less well-known ones) when posting rumors.

3. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

I would make it a 5 rumor rating, judge the reliability of the past 5 stories from a site.

4. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

I can see both sides, while it would be nice to get exact numbers with predictions it is very rare that you can. If a site predicts something and a certain date they could easiyl get the something right but the date wrong, etc. In this case I think it is better leave it as it is.