Rate the durability of my iPhone SE

theawesomeappledude2323

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 5, 2017
Hello guys,

I have had my SE for a month now and I would like your take on the durability of my SE and give a rating out of 10. It has undergone one drop on a computer desk, so i would also like you to see if you can find any scratches.

If you can't see the scratches, see if you can find them below:

Reactions: Sunny1990

theawesomeappledude2323

Suspended
Original poster
Apr 5, 2017
I dropped it once face down on a computer desk so I got bit worried that I may have ruined the strength of the glass and made it more prone to cracking, there ARE scratches, they are just extremely faint, you can only see them in the last pic if you look pretty hard (the camera I took these pics is not good sorry)

eyoungren

macrumors Core
Aug 31, 2011
ten-zero-eleven-zero-zero by zero-two
I dropped it once face down on a computer desk so I got bit worried that I may have ruined the strength of the glass and made it more prone to cracking, there ARE scratches, they are just extremely faint, you can only see them in the last pic if you look pretty hard (the camera I took these pics is not good sorry)
As I told you the other day in your other thread, the SE is based off the 5 and the 5 was pretty tough.

A drop face down from chest height onto concrete and rock and then a subsequent accidental kick which sent it skidding on it's face did not break the screen. And again, that was one of several drops.

You have nothing to worry about.
[doublepost=1491504109][/doublepost]
First thing i bought my wife for her SE was gorilla glass protecter!
On top of a screen already made of Gorilla Glass? Double protection! :D

wproct

macrumors 6502
Dec 4, 2014
Iowa
As far as durability of cellphones, I would rate the SE pretty high, maybe an 8 or so. However, any drop of a cellphone onto a hard surface from any height is a crap shoot!

jr866gooner

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013
As I told you the other day in your other thread, the SE is based off the 5 and the 5 was pretty tough.

A drop face down from chest height onto concrete and rock and then a subsequent accidental kick which sent it skidding on it's face did not break the screen. And again, that was one of several drops.

You have nothing to worry about.
[doublepost=1491504109][/doublepost]
On top of a screen already made of Gorilla Glass? Double protection! :D
Exactly! With two children I'm taking no risks lol

Reactions: eyoungren

Mrbobb

macrumors 601
Aug 27, 2012
Drop 3 foot to asphalt. Still no case though, not that noticeable at normal distance, wish they sell a replacement band for it.