Rate your iPhone 4 out of 4!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by NewGenAdam, Jun 28, 2010.

?

Rate your iPhone 4 out of 4

1. 1

4 vote(s)
    3.0%
  2. 2

11 vote(s)
    8.3%
  3. 3

23 vote(s)
    17.3%
  4. 4

95 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. NewGenAdam macrumors 6502

I love mine. It's the best phone I've owned yet; like my old iPhone 3G was but faster, more capable, smaller and prettier.

However it's not all plain sailing - I've noticed the antenna problem and it's not perfect. But I don't mind that. It hasn't affected my calls, or bothered me at all.

So I give mine a nice square 4.

2. Damian. macrumors regular

3. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

3/4 because of the antenna issues, but I am confident that a software update will fix it, because the same thing happened with Nexus One on T-Mobile...and a software update fixed it.

Other than that, this phone blows any other phone out of the water, even my older iPhones.

4. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Precisely, and that's being generous. It's a phone first. Or it was supposed to be.

5. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

I rated 2 because all the new hardware features are sweet, but the new design sucks.

6. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

I went two as well. Feature wise it's a very powerful device. But the signal issue detracts from that.

7. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

The best build quality since the original iPhone! I'm constantly amazed by how nice the build quality is after having the 3GS with crappy build quality for a year.

No signal problems here. It's the new "freezing mac," unfortunately.

8. darkip macrumors newbie

9. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

Same. :D

10. tnisatard macrumors 6502

3/4

Maybe because of the Gizmodo leak that made me lose the hype for it

but anyways the hardware is NICE, i dont think the issues effect me much

however, the software is dated, i would love a new one

11. theonekcrow macrumors 6502a

theonekcrow

I love the iPhone 4. It is snappy and has a lot of great features. Easily 4/4

12. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A293 Safari/6531.22.7)

4/4. Perfect so far!

13. coasterswim macrumors 6502

You didn't have to read the Gizmodo article

14. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

3. Dev's aren't taking advantage of the retina display.

15. dscuber9000 macrumors 6502a

4/4

I love the new design. It looks cool, it is thin enough to fit in my pocket without me feeling my phone against my leg, and I don't get the antenna issue so... I freaking love it.

I upgraded from the original iPhone, so the speed is blowing me away, and I just can't stop looking at things on the screen because everything looks so pretty. My phone is now MUCH more usable than my old iPhone.

16. Jemi9OD macrumors regular

Jemi9OD

4/4, even with the reception issues. (and, apparently, the lack of retina-display-optimized apps.)

I have a case, and honestly it does seem to head off the bulk of the reception issues. Additionally, the case gives me piece of mind - with all the folks dropping their phones lately (all dozen or 2 million, depending on whether you exaggerate or not), I just feel safer with a case. I think the case I got is pretty sweet looking, so win/win.

The "blurry" apps don't bother me. Think about it. If a single pixel used to be a color we'll call "1" on the old display, the only difference now is you have a square of four pixels that are all "1". There's no difference there. Sure it'll be better when the app gets updated and you have four distinct pixels instead of four same-colored pixels, but that'll come in time.

This phone is fast. I love using it. There are still bugs in OS 4.0, but those will also be fixed in time. 3.0 wasn't free of bugs either, that's how we eventually got to 3.1.3. I'm sure 4.0.1 is around the corner.

All in all, I'm very, very pleased with my phone. NO regrets.