Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
http://up.*************/files/1/Images/Funny/rateyourwife.jpg

Photographed (no scanner) from today's Metro (free London paper).

Too funny :D

L

Lau

Saw this on BoingBoing yesterday, which shows the awesome graphics as well, and subsequently some kind soul uploaded the entire thing to Flickr, which is well worth a look.

Most amusing!

bartelby

macrumors Core
Jun 16, 2004
Photographed (no scanner) from today's Metro (free London paper).

Too funny :D

I notice you failed to rate your good lady wife (or at least failed to inform us of the score). Such wisdom from someone so young.:D

iBlue

macrumors Core
Mar 17, 2005
London, England
I notice you failed to rate your good lady wife (or at least failed to inform us of the score). Such wisdom from someone so young.:D

he didn't dare even score it! :D

(though in looking at Lau's links looks like I got the better spouse :eek:)

</bad wife>

though on the original image I 'score' most highly on the merits of number 11. ;)

wordmunger

macrumors 603
Sep 3, 2003
North Carolina
My wife scores 16, but only because many of the "demerit" items simply don't apply. Not only are her hose seams not crooked, she never *wears* hose. Plus she has a job and I cook most of the meals. I'd imagine if the creators of this survey thought those were options she'd score about a -32.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Hey honey the kids are asleep lets have some marital congress.:p Gotta bring that term back.

Daveman Deluxe

macrumors 68000
Jun 17, 2003
Corvallis, Oregon
I read the whole thing on Flickr, and though some things are dated, there's also some really good advice in there. There's a similar test for husbands in the same pamphlet. Most things just seem to fall under the general umbrella of being kind and loving toward one another.

That's not to say that EVERYTHING is great in those lists; I merely wanted to point out that there's a lot of good things in them that still hold true today, and probably always will.

FOR HUSBANDS:
-Has date with wife at least once per week (five points per date)
-Helps wife with dishes, caring for children, scrubbing
-Often tells wife he loves her (five points)
-Ardent lover--sees that wife has orgasm in marital congress (twenty points)
-Gives wife real movie kisses, not dutiful "peck" on the cheek

FOR WIVES:
-Laughs at husband's jokes and his clowning
-Has spunk--will defend her ideals and religion
-Often tells husband she loves him (five points)
-Is unselfish and kind-hearted

feelthefire

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2006
Well, by the OP, I'm a pretty bad wife.

My score goes up a little using the 100-question version.

I'll have to show this to my boyfriend and see if HE thinks I'd make a good wife! ;) Maybe I'll get a ring out of him yet.

I figure, if I can cook, clean (sometimes), remember to feed the dog, and actively contribute while watching a sporting event, I'm ahead of most :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.