rather frustrated

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lostchild21, Jan 15, 2011.

1. lostchild21, Jan 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2011

lostchild21 macrumors newbie

I have had my ipod touch ( 3.1.3 i think?) for a little under a year (february 2010). shortly after getting it i jb it. just this week it has started glitching hardcore . the screen is completely non responsive 99% of the time. the actual ipod seems fine (not frozen). if i leeve the ipod alone for a couple hours it works for about 15 seconds but then starts goin stupid and opens applications by itself and what not and then once again goes completely non responsive.

can i fix this myself ?

if not,

How do i ensure the poeple at the apple store wont no it was jb therefore voiding my warrenty?

plz dont be to technical im hopless with all of this kind of stuff:confused:

2. Skyhigh223 macrumors regular

Plug into iTunes > Click iPod in the sidebar > Restore

If that fixes it, woohoo!

If not, take it to the Apple store.

3. Sonny bro macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Put it in DFU mode, then connect to itunes and wah-la all better :)

4. lostchild21 thread starter macrumors newbie

im pretty bad at this stuff

thanks heeps man but umm how do i do that? im hopless with this stuff?

5. Sonny bro macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Im not too clear on EXACTLY how to do it, but im sure you hold down the sleep button and the home button together for 10-12 seconds where your screen should now be completely black. You are now in DFU mode. If you get any sort of message such as the "connect to itunes" or the "apple" logo, you aren't in DFU mode. Just retry the steps or google it XD haha, hope it helped.

6. LeighAnna Jones macrumors 6502

Connect iPod to the computer with the syncing cable,

Hold home and power for 10 seconds, (slide to power off), and hold the power for 10 more seconds until the screen goes blank.

You have now put your iPod into DFU mode/restore.

NOTE: Sometimes this will not work if you have a passcode set up, so in the iPod go to settings>general>passcode lock(on)

It will ask to you enter your current passcode, and then it should take the passcode lock off.