Rather Large Problem

Discussion in 'iPod' started by duckie31, May 5, 2008.

1. duckie31 macrumors newbie

Yesterday, while I was syncing my iPod, my computer crashed, thus forcing a disconnection between my computer and iPod before the "ok to disconnect" sign came up. I disconnected the iPod from the wire in hopes that all would be fine. Later in the day I came to discover that my ipod had been wiped clean of everything on it. Now, when I try to re-sync my iPod, iTunes freezes. I can not eject my iPod. I am forced to disconnect the iPod again in order to close the iTunes window. After disconnection, a little window pops up telling me that I need to restore my iPod to it's factory settings, however this can only be done using iTunes, which freezes upon connection. Any suggestions out there???? I would love to hear anything anyone has to offer... :(

2. ergdegdeg Moderator emeritus

ergdegdeg

Have you tried resetting the iPod? Press the middle button and the menu button until the Apple logo appears on the screen.

3. duckie31 thread starter macrumors newbie

ive reset it many times.. ive taken advice so far as to put it into disk mode and then plug it in.. every time i plug it in though, it freezes itunes. even on other's computers...

4. duckie31 thread starter macrumors newbie

i recently tried uninstalling and reinstalling itunes, also. i seem to have no luck whatsoever...and am wary of what the charges that calling customer service might be..