Ratings without comment return :(

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by iFerd, Mar 12, 2009.

1. iFerd macrumors 6502a

I just discovered that the new App Store rating system allows a user to give applications star ratings without commenting. I regard that a step backwards, towards the rate-on-delete feature on the iPhone itself. This will likely only depress ratings while producing no useful information for users or developers.

At least this isn't quite the same as rating while you are deleting it from the phone or touch. At least you have to be motivated enough to go to the App Store and rate it there. So it's a bit better, but not much in my opinion.

2. return7 macrumors 6502

They were never gone, they just took them out of the "total" that showed up :(

3. iFerd thread starter macrumors 6502a

Guess I didn't know that. I suppose I could have gone into the review screen and just checked off the star review and not written anything. In the new version all I have to do to give a star rating is pick one off a drop-down menu. Never thought of leaving only stars before. Now I'm literally invited to do so.

4. happymom macrumors newbie

happymom

not a star fan either

I also just noticed the star ratings today. I think it hurts the free apps the most because it is super simple to click on the stars instead of taking the time to do a thoughtful review.