Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Starfury

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 30, 2005
South-East UK
Hi All,

I'm moving to a new job shortly, which will require me to use IBM's Rational Rose software for UML modelling.

I've had a quick look through IBM's (let's face it, dire) website and found nothing of substance as to exactly what the software runs on, or its functions. Moreover, it seems to be billed as way more than simply providing UML functionality...

So, my questions: a) is there a Mac version (99% sure that there isn't, but it's worthwhile checking) and b) what's the scope of the application? (i.e. what is its intended core purpose?).

Alternatively, if anyone could point me in the direction of some decent links, that would be wonderful.

Thanks in advance for any/all help offered!

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Starfury said:
Hi All,

I'm moving to a new job shortly, which will require me to use IBM's Rational Rose software for UML modelling.

I've had a quick look through IBM's (let's face it, dire) website and found nothing of substance as to exactly what the software runs on, or its functions. Moreover, it seems to be billed as way more than simply providing UML functionality...

So, my questions: a) is there a Mac version (99% sure that there isn't, but it's worthwhile checking) and b) what's the scope of the application? (i.e. what is its intended core purpose?).

Alternatively, if anyone could point me in the direction of some decent links, that would be wonderful.

Thanks in advance for any/all help offered!

SDE for NetBeans-various other links; Don't know if you've googled yet.
http://www.softhall.com/software-developer-downloads-x01-rating-7-26.htm
X

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.