Rattle on new iPhone 4S

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Simm0nS777, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Simm0nS777 macrumors 6502a

I don't know how I came about hearing it but if I tap towards the top of the phone on the back (right above the Apple logo) I hear a rattle. It sounds like it comes from the camera area. I guess it's really not a big deal I just wanted to see if its normal or if something might have gotten loose during the shipping process to my home. If you guys could test it out on your phones and see if you can re-create it or not I'd really appreciate it!

oh and I definitely have'nt droppped it at all since I've had it. :D

Thanks!

2. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

It's seems to be pretty standard. A lot of people are hearing it. I have it too. It's definitely the camera. You can test it by holding the the phone between your thumb and forefinger. Put your forefinger on the camera and "pinch" the phone. Tap on it and the rattle goes away.

3. BiscuitsNGravy macrumors member

I have this on my old 3GS. Sounds like it is coming from the camera.

Can barely hear it with the 4S.

4. PaulyD macrumors 6502

I got this as well but didn't notice until I tested it now

5. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

For those of you with it, does it go away with the pinch test?

6. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Funny how many threads have been started over the past few days about this. I posted a thread about this 2 days ago and everybody said this is normal. Today I went to AT&T and tested 2 of their phones and they did the same thing. Then I went to the apple store and tested 5 floor models and they all did the same thing. I asked the CSR and he said it's the vibrator inside the phone and it's normal. I also tried mine and my wife's old 3GS and they both do the same thing.

I am going with it's normal. Once I get my defender case it won't be noticeable at all.

7. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I read your other thread too. I'm thinking I might go down to the Apple Store too and check it out. I'm chalking it up to normal, but annoying.

8. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

Yes