Rattling iPhone4S? HELP.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Snoudel, Oct 15, 2011.

?

Does your iPhone4S rattle?

1. Yes

34 vote(s)
    70.8%
  2. No

14 vote(s)
    29.2%
  1. Snoudel macrumors newbie

I know people have been having this problem, but I would like the community to post if you have the problem as well. It has gotten to the point where it is bugging me and I want to get an exchange.

Please help me out in figuring out if this is legitimately normal or not.

If you lightly tap on the back of your iPhone do you hear a rattle? Mine is so bad that when I set it down I can hear the rattle

2. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

3. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

if you dont like it, take it back. plain and simple.

4. Snoudel thread starter macrumors newbie

Gah, I wish I could show you, it is much louder and much more sensitive than other iphones. Also, if its normal, can you explain the percentage of people that DON'T have rattling iphones?

5. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

They don't know what they are talking about.

Look, if it really concerns you, go to an apple store and rattle some phones. I assure you, it's normal.

6. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

7. Snoudel thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok, thank you, I was just looking for a plain and simple answer as to if its normal.

----------

Well ok now. 2:1 no:yes. So some people are not having this issue; can you say its normal now?

8. lorax3 macrumors regular

lorax3

As far as I can tell, only the WHITE 4S does this.

9. Caliber26 macrumors 68000

Caliber26

If I deliberately tap my phone (only in the upper section - above the Apple logo) I will hear a faint sound, almost as if something is not tightened up well. But I read in another thread that it is the camera. Personally, I thought it was maybe the on/off button, but who knows. I'm not thrilled by it, but not upset or concerned enough to go and ask for an exchange.

10. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Wrong! My black phone does it. Also all iPhones since the very first one have all had this rattle noise apparently.

11. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

I am voting no as I am not even listening. I do not tap on my phone nor hear any rattle when i set it down. i am not looking for problems and am just enjoying my new phone.:cool:

It is too bad that others get so obsessed they never will be happy.:(

12. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3)

Do you have a case on yours?

13. Opie macrumors 6502a

Opie

14. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

I think this is totally normal as I just checked my old 3GS for the rattle noise. When slightly tapped or set down on the table there is a rattle noise coming from the camera area above the apple symbol. I never noticed the rattle noise on the 3GS for the whole 2 years I used it because it had a case on it from day one. This is totally normal.

15. NumNumNum macrumors member

I'm not sure that some of you need to be so dismissive of the poster's concern.

I've been concerned myself. When my phone is on vibrate, there is another underlying sound of vibration/humming from something that is loose. If I hold the phone at the bottom I don't hear it, but if I hold it at the top or lay it flat I do. This doesn't sound like it would be the camera. My wife's iphone 4 doesn't make the same noise.

Anyone else notice the difference?

(also someone started a post on this same issue... http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1254321)

16. Ziron3 macrumors newbie

My first iPhone 4S rattled when vibrating but it was due to a loose sim tray. It wouldn't rattle shaking on its own or tapping it, but if it vibrated the sim tray would make an awful buzz because it wasn't a snug fit. If i pressed on the tray it went away and sometimes I could position it just so to get rid of the issue but I swapped it out for one without the problem