rattling sound from 4s, is this normal?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by zee28, Oct 16, 2011.

1. zee28, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

zee28 macrumors newbie

hi, I am a long time "lurker" of MacRumors and finally had to register.

I got an iPhone 4s on launch date to replace my aging 3g. I have noticed when it vibrates you hear a loud rattling sound almost as if there is a loose part inside. when you have a firm grip of the bottom right when it vibrates it does not make the sound. Also when you shake it you can hear a similar rattling sound, but does not go away when you grip it.

My question is whether or not this is normal, and if not should it be of any concern.

thanks

edit: might i add, the sound i hear when shaking it sound like an autofocus lens or gyroscope(im not so concerned about this, when it vibrates you hear that sound AND another much louder vibrating sound.

2. zee28, Oct 16, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011

zee28 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply, I searched for a topic similar to this but did not see that! I think this may be separate from the sound that comes from the camera however, that one is faint and doesn't bug me. What i'm talking about is much louder and can only be heard it when it vibrates unless you hold it firmly on the bottom right corner

3. NumNumNum macrumors member

Yes! The same issue has been bugging me.
    I posted on that other thread too, but I think this poster is referring to something different.

My wife's iphone 4 doesn't make the same noise. When my phone is on vibrate, there is another underlying sound of vibration/humming from something that is loose. If I hold the phone at the bottom I don't hear it, but if I hold it at the top or lay it flat I do. This doesn't sound like it would be the camera.