Rave about.....

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dukebound85, Jan 20, 2011.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

eharmony. For real. Very much worth it imo.

Figured I would give it a go after another bad date experience (just too different of a personality) . So I joined 5 days ago and have talked to some really good people with similar interests near me that I would have never met in my current social life as I have not a whole lot of free time and when I do, it's not in the best places to meet nice women.

If any of you are on the fence, get off is all I have to say

ANy of you all had good experiences with "online" date sites?

And no....I am not ashamed for trying it out, very much the opposite!

2. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

No reason to be ashamed in my opinion, either. I hope you find someone. As for me, never tried a dating service. I met my wife through some mutual friends. We dated a couple of years and have been married for almost 13 years.

3. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I forget your situation, but aren't you doing a Masters degree at uni at the moment? Surely you would meet girls at uni? :confused:

Or I've been here so long that you finished your Masters years ago, and I can't keep track of the years! Heh.... :eek:

4. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Well, it's how I met Mrs Cake. Whether or not it's proved to be a good experience for her is another question entirely though. :p

5. NickZac macrumors 68000

NickZac

6. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

I tired online dating years ago, met a couple of nice girls, but didn't work out. I'll tell my friend about eHarmony, but she thinks online dating is tacky. :rolleyes:

7. stonyc macrumors 65816

stonyc

I haven't, but my wife had a "friend" who tried it, and the results were hilarious...

Back story, my wife worked with, for about a year before he left, a ginormous arsehole... most pretentious, condescending pr*ck you can think of. Anyways, a "friend" (in quotations, because she later turned out to be a b*tch herself) decided to try eHarmony, and lo and behold who turned out to be one of her matches? If you guessed the ginormous arsehole you'd be correct.

Her "friend" obviously didn't go out with the guy, but ever since she turned out to be a ginormous b*tch herself... I guess you can say eHarmony's matching algorithm seems to work pretty well, even more so than some people would like to admit. :)

8. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Currently on match.com. I'm 48, and the second time around I'm going to be very picky. Of course, the women will be, too.

Plenty of scam artists there. Already talked to two 'false' accounts from overseas. Their profiles disappeared quickly.

I'm sure the girls get tons of emails, so expecting to get a response from every email I send is probably unreasonable. Plus, I'm no sugar-daddy. I'd like to find a sugar momma! I also have custody of my two kids.

I've heard of a few success stories. I've met some very nice people online. I have my second date in four months tomorrow. The first date, it turns out, had gone to college with me. Small world! We'll see how it goes.

9. flightsimmer macrumors newbie

I met my fiancée on Plenty of Fish (pof.com, free) and it has worked out great for us so far. I've only known her a year (the 28th of this month is the anniversary of us meeting in person) and we're already planning our wedding for October. Can't say that it will work for everyone - One of my friends met several women on PoF, all of them turned out to be CRAZY (one tried to kill him), and he turned out to have one of those crazy "love at first sight" feelings with his now wife, who he had move in with him after 2 days of knowing her.

10. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

My wife and I met through an online dating site - over nine years ago. :)

11. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

12. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Why bother? They all post at MR. :p

13. bartelby macrumors Core

I have a friend who was seeing a girl for a good few years, they then split up. After a few months my mate tried online dating. He got one match... his ex.