Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snerkler

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
Since upgrading to Catalina last week the thumbnails of my raw photos are blank (see below), prior to this they showed a preview of the image. Any idea how to fix this please?

Screenshot 2021-08-26 at 13.51.09.png

snerkler

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
Any takers please? I've run all the latest updates including camera raw and it's still not showing. According to the Apple website my camera (Sony A9ii) is supported. I've also recently downloaded some sample images from the Canon G5x Mark II and they don't show any thumbnails either. Strangely they do show from my old Nikon cameras (Z7, D850 and D750).

I'd really like to figure this out as it's quite frustrating.

snerkler

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
Hi! Have you tried other image viewers, like Xnview? I also found simialr problems on apple forums, and some people had it fixed by updating to Big Sur.
Thanks, I've not tried that viewer but ideally I'd like to be able to view thumbnails in finder to see which I want to open. I don't want to upgrade to Big Sur as some of my plugins for Logic Pro don't work with it.

snerkler

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 14, 2012
Just thought I’d update this. Have just received my new silicon MBP that’s arrived with Monterey installed and the thumbnails are showing again. No idea what the issue is with Catalina still but for me the issue is now resolved at least.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.