Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2005
Reviews are out, looking stellar!

Who's picking this up, and on which platform?

I'm gonna download the PS3 demo today and give that a whirl...

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Will be getting it on launch day - Wii U version is the one to get the others were afterthoughts.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I was going to get this for the Wii U begrudgingly, whilst I like the Wii U's gamepad I didn't like the Murphy sections in the demo. But now I have a preorder down for the PS3 version and I might pick up the Vita version somewhere down the line.

Origins was my 2011 GOTY. Picked it up for 3 consoles and finished it on all of them!

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
Not sure how fast prices will drop on this one - may take more than a few months 7-12 months maybe ...

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2005
Pretty much every game can be had for less than 20 bucks on amazon.uk after like six months. Tomb Raider is 14.99 right now.

I am actually surprised how much I enjoyed this demo. I tried the Origins demo when it first came out, and it didn't really speak to me. Somehow, it seemed very "loud", in like a Ren & Stimpy kind of way. The Legends demo seemed a lot more pleasant!

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
The Wii U demo made me a big fan.

Wanna try the XB360 demo since I'm not a fan of doing stuff on the Touchpad in the demo.

Gonna wait for the price to drop - working on Mass Effect and Pikmin Trilogies for now... ;)

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
I too didn't like the Murphy sections as well. And that was even multiplayer. Maybe I'm getting it when it's much lower in price since the graphics and gameplay in general are gorgeous.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2005
I didn't buy Origins cause thought the demo seemed kind of loud and obnoxious. The demo for Legends gave off a different vibe...less "loud" and more "beautiful"...

Did I get a totally wrong impression of Origins? It's dirt cheap now, so maybe I should pick it up after all?

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
40+ LEVELS of Origins are remastered and included as a bonus inside Legends. No real need to go pick it up tbh.

Sounds great! Haven't heard about it until now. One question since I never really played a Rayman game (except the Wii U demo): Is the majority of levels 'Mario-like' straight platforming? The demo felt quite easy and I wasn't fond of the touchpad action elements implemented - moving platforms here, put your finger there - felt waay too easy and underwhelming, would be great to play with your child, but nothing more imho. If those 40+ levels plus the majority of the single player levels are more about straight ol' platforming, I'd buy it immediately.

Hope you understand my question...:D

Btw, I like the idea of this footsy bonus game, looks like good fun to me.

Last edited:

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
My copy was dispatched. I haven't finished Saints Row IV yet, don't give me more to do.

Btw, I like the idea of this footsy bonus game, looks like good fun to me.

The football bonus game is a clone of a game I made in 2003 :(

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2005
I just ordered Origins for PS3 for 20€.

By the time I finish it, Legends should be around the same price. :)

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006
So sad this didn't release today in USA - they would have sold a lot more with it being Labor Day weekend :(

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 5, 2005
My copy of Origins arrived this morning, and I am loving it!!!

So much fun, they really put a lot of love into this game! :)

gkarris

macrumors G3
Dec 31, 2004
"No escape from Reality...”
I didn't buy Origins cause thought the demo seemed kind of loud and obnoxious. The demo for Legends gave off a different vibe...less "loud" and more "beautiful"...

Did I get a totally wrong impression of Origins? It's dirt cheap now, so maybe I should pick it up after all?

I just ordered Origins for PS3 for 20€.

By the time I finish it, Legends should be around the same price. :)

My copy of Origins arrived this morning, and I am loving it!!!

So much fun, they really put a lot of love into this game! :)

Yes, people here told me to grab a copy of Origins as I love the Legends Demo on Wii U.

I picked up Wii copy at Toys R Us on closeout now for $15 a while back. Played a bit and loved it. Got the PS3 version on sale for $15 and the XB360 version on sale for $10!

Wow, great games for cheap!

Can't wait for Legends to go down in price and will probably pick it up for all consoles - the game definitely showcases the system it is on.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.