Razer Deathadder for mac, any users/opinions?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ddehr026, May 6, 2010.

1. ddehr026 macrumors 6502

hey all,

I'm looking to get a new gaming mouse for my mbp. I recently stumbled upon the razer deathadder mac edition. Wondering if anyone has any experience with it. any opinions are welcome.

Thanks!

2. jbyun04 macrumors 6502a

jbyun04

3. Pili macrumors regular

I use it also. Drivers are pretty decent, no problems mapping buttons and what not. The on the fly sensitivity adjustment is also pretty useful for photoshopping, etc. as well as gaming.

If you can deal with the wire its a pretty solid option, my only complain is that dirt tends to build in the spaces by the buttons and seems. I tend to clean mine out with a brush every few weeks but its no big deal.

4. MinorBidoh macrumors 6502

MinorBidoh

I love my Deathadder. Now its a few years old but still very precise, fast and the matte finish after a clean with slightly damp cloth it comes up perfect. Well worth the money.

Thumbs up.

5. toolate macrumors newbie

6. clientsiman macrumors 6502

clientsiman

I am using steermouse to solve the annoying acceleration.

7. rekhyt macrumors 65816

What's the diff between Mac Edition and normal edition? ... Can the Mac edition be used on Windows computers?

8. clientsiman macrumors 6502

clientsiman

I have the windows edition, the old one. I don't think there is any difference except that the mac ed has a white LED and windows have a blue one.

9. ggpike macrumors member

I use the Deathadder exclusively for design work. The on the fly sensitivity setting is fantastic and the control is top notch. I haven't tried it for gaming, but I'm assuming since that is its claim to fame that it's fantastic for that as well.

10. toolate macrumors newbie

So as I take, it hasn't an ability to solve that by drivers, additional soft is needed. Right?

11. rekhyt macrumors 65816

Ahh. I design too so I was looking for a better mouse other than the Magic Mouse. Do you miss not having 360° scroll? Do you alternate between the Deathadder and the trackpad (For 360° scroll) or do you drag the little bars around Illustrator/Photoshop when you design?

Also, the on-the-fly sensitivity sounds amazing. Is it only for Windows, or available for Mac too?
    Ahh. I design too so I was looking for a better mouse other than the Magic Mouse. Do you miss not having 360° scroll? Do you alternate between the Deathadder and the trackpad (For 360° scroll) or do you drag the little bars around Illustrator/Photoshop when you design?

Also, the on-the-fly sensitivity sounds amazing. Is it only for Windows, or available for Mac too?

12. DLN macrumors newbie

Get It!

I bought my razer deathadder for my imac and have never looked back but if you prefer the blue instead of white lights in the mouse you can get the normal windows one works aswell but i got the mac one and i really recommend it for playing games

13. TF2Addict macrumors newbie

How do you combat with mac's system settings for mouse? Can someone please share his or her settings? I am trying to go back and fourth to find a sweet spot but so far it's been awful. I just wish I had the same feel as my PC.

I have a big imac by the way.

14. ggpike macrumors member

I do miss having the 360º scroll, but it's more of a mild annoyance not to have it. I use MBP's trackpad for that feature. I'm actually thinking about picking up the "Magic" Trackpad and have that sitting on the left hand side my wireless keyboard to use as well.

The on-the-fly sensitivity is available in the mac software.

15. Jonny1989 macrumors member

I use the deathadder for my mac and i love it, i really didnt like the magic mouse so thats in its box the first day i tried it. the only problem is when i apply an update to the razer driver it resets the mouse settings on the mac, its really annoying. actually scrolling is another issue, it wont scroll smoothly and it jumps from the top of the page to the bottom within a quick turn of the mouse. other than that its better than the magic mouse.

i have my settings as
    3rd button as the expose all windows macro
    4th button cmd + right
    5th button cmd + left

its a breeze to work with, its a shame it has those two little problems.

i wouldnt mind a mamba either, i loved the wire free magic mouse until i used an application other than the internet.