Razer DeathAdder for Mac (Gaming Mouse)

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by azharc, Sep 15, 2008.

1. azharc macrumors member

Hey guys,
    I just got my DeathAdder for Mac thought I'd share what I can since I didn't find much about it here while researching.

In short - its the best mouse I've used (I'm talking overall), leaps and bounds ahead of Might Mouse, and Razer have done an amazing job with the thing.

Here are some blurry pictures :
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=d7cbd600328a8852d2db6fb9a8902bda

As you can see, it lights up :D and comes with a lot of stuff (mostly paper material and stickers but hey, it makes you feel special.)

If anyone has any questions about anything DM me or reply here and I'll be happy to answer.

2. sdschwendener macrumors regular

I'm sure it is nice

I am 100% satisfied with my Razer Lachesis. The lachesis isnt a mac mouse so there is no utility for setting it up unless you have a PC or have Windows bootcamped.

This mouse has nine buttons, a ridiculous laser, and onboard memory for storing tracking profiles for different uses. Once I set the memory to the profiles I wanted I went back to Os X and the mouse worked perfectly.

A truly amazing product.. if it ever does break, which I don't see happening because I've had it for almost a year and it looks as good as the day I got it, I will buy another Razer mouse.

Razer peripherals, FTW.

3. g4cubed macrumors 6502a

g4cubed

Thanks. I'm in the market for a new mouse so I'll check it out.

4. BlueBrat macrumors newbie

Hi,

Just replying to what the author of this stated, the mouse is excellent in OS X. I've been a long-time Razer mouse fan with gaming on the PC, and am glad they support OSX with their drivers.

What I'd like to know, and this is obviously a huge issue with OSX, is if anyone has any luck in disabling the mouse curve/acceleration. The razer driver even has the option in it but every trick I have tried from googling on this does not work. :(

I can't play FPS games in OSX because of this stupid curve issue, and it's the only reason I dualboot to XP (i'd love to drop that altogether but because of this I can't).