Razer DeathAdder Mac Edition?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ShadowXOR, Aug 15, 2008.

1. ShadowXOR macrumors regular

http://www.razerzone.com/p-124-razer-deathadder-mac-edition-gaming-mouse.aspx

I have a few questions about this mouse.

1. On their website they don't have an option to add to cart even though it says available now, has anyone actually gotten one?

2. I've heard people talking about the Mac one being white (and even linking to pictures, but the links were dead). Has anyone seen one or have a picture? You can order one on Amazon that lists as white but the picture is black...

3. Is there an actual difference between the Windows and Mac DeathAdder? I assume it's just the drivers that come with it, but they offer the drivers for download from their site so couldn't I go buy a Windows version from a local store and just install the Mac drivers from their website?

4. For anyone that has used this mouse is the scroll wheel "smooth" or does it kind of "click" when you scroll it, like there are little notches? And does the middle click work well?

Thanks! I need a new mouse as soon as possible. The Mighty Mouse is mighty bad. I game in Windows and OS X.

2. mayanka89 macrumors regular

mayanka89

I have the black one. It works great on my iMac G3 without any need for drivers. Only thing is, it doesn't work well using straight on a desk, a mousepad is basically needed.

Middle click works well, scroll wheel is not smooth (has clicks). Pulsating blue is sweet.

3. ShadowXOR thread starter macrumors regular

I have a very nice mouse pad luckily, glad to hear the scroll wheel clicks.

This mouse has a lot of functionality that only works with drivers...but I don't see why it wouldn't work in the supposed Windows version, they shouldn't have to change anything with the mouse physically.

I wish I could see a picture of the white one to decide if I want that one or not, but it doesn't seem to really exist...