Razer Deathadder Mouse Driver Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Entopia7, Jul 12, 2011.

1. Entopia7 macrumors regular

I recently purchased a Deathadder, and I have not been able to successfully install Razer's Mac drivers. I tried many times to install v.3.0.0 of the software, but it always cites an error that causes the installation to stop.

I found an older version of the mac driver, v.2.0.1, that installed successfully but will not "recognize" my mouse even though it can correctly see the firmware version on the device (v.2.45)...

The mouse works fine on my bootcamp partition, and I took the time while I was over there to update the mouse to the latest firmware.

I'm stumped. Any suggestions? I would use USB overdrive, but it doesn't have the features that the Razer app does, and it conflicts majorly with the Magic Trackpad I use from time to time...

2. Lagmonster macrumors 6502

Had no issue with the install on an imac running 10.6.7.

3. Entopia7 thread starter macrumors regular

I have been having a ton of random problems lately, and I have attributed it to a system migration I did when I bought my iMac. I have way too many applications with complex install paths and copy protections, and I should have never migrated.

Live and learn, I've unregistered my programs and am doing a clean install as we speak. I am almost certain I won't have an issue when I am finished with this task.

Thanks for the reply.

4. evan1855 macrumors newbie

same issue

i just bought a death adder and i have the exact same issue i would really like to know if you solve it, and wether a clean install works.

thanks

5. dreamersofeden macrumors member

dreamersofeden

I've exactly the same issue too, I cannot install the latest drivers, however the mouse works flawlessly with the old ones.