Razer DeathAdder Standard or Mac edition?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ethical, Jul 9, 2009.

1. ethical macrumors 68000

Hi guys,

I cant decide whether to get the Razer DeathAdder Standard, or the Mac Edition. I'll be using it for everyday use on my macbook, but I'll be using it for FPS games on windows. Also, I noticed they both look fairly different (ergonomically), does anyone have experience with both and would be able to give to some insight into which is more comfortable?

Cheers,

Luke.

2. Syonidism macrumors regular

i don't have experience in using but ive considered buying this so i searched a lot.

If you have windows set up (bootcamp of Virtual Box machine or whatever) you can get the pc version and set up the mouse in mac mode or pc mode as you see fit with a windows application hence its windows only.

however if youre a hardcore mac user and have never bought a windows or don't currently own a copy you should get the mac version as its brother does not work with macs. and if you dont have windows you cant modify it.

3. theARNSKI macrumors regular

I don't know whether there is anything much different for either version (other than the design, as you have stated), but I have the standard Deathadder, that I've been using since January of this year on my PC laptop and I've had no problems whatsoever in performance with my macbook.

As far as comfortability goes, I love how it fits perfectly into my hand as I tend to be one of those palm-grippers. Really, the best way for you is to go to the store that has both (unless you're looking to get it online) and see how each one feels in your hand.

Is there a price difference?

4. ethical thread starter macrumors 68000

I would goto a store but I dont know anywhere that has mice (especially these mice) on display, so yeah I was planning on buying online. Nope no price difference.

So the standard one works fine with both PC and Mac? I'm guessing the Mac one will work fine with a PC?

5. mikenike192 macrumors regular

i dont think there is any differnece at all i think its just a color difference. Like the pc version had the blue light on it while the mac version has the white light going along with mac's white theme. Because spec wise they look the same.

6. mikenike192 macrumors regular

i dont think there is any differnece at all i think its just a color difference. Like the pc version had the blue light on it while the mac version has the white/silver light going along with mac's silver theme. Because spec wise they look the same.