razer diamondback mouse/razerpro

peas

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
do any of you use a diamondback mouse with the razerpro v1.6 software?
i looked at both of them and the specs and they seem to be exactly the same, sans the color scheme. im a huge gamer so i want to use my diamondback but want the macosx useability the razerpro offers.

i figure i could just dl the razerpro software/drivers and skip buying a new mouse. any problems you could forsee doing this?

XNine

macrumors 68040
I don't believe they are compatible. In fact I believe the drivers for the Pro state that they will not work with a diamond back.

At any rate, the Razer Pro mouse... IS AWESOME. I love mine. It owns any other mouse out there, hands down.

XNine

macrumors 68040
peas said:
darn, that sucks. guess i'll be buying the razerpro now.
do you happen to know where you seen the bit about the incompatibility?

oooh, this might be good news for me...scroll towards the bottom of the review

http://shianux.jiyuuu.org/2006/07/04/217/review-using-the-razer-pro-16-on-a-macbook-pro/
Ah, nice find!

My suggestion, download the 1.6.5 drivers, and see if they work. If not, you can always unisntall them. I love this mouse and the propad. The scrolling and movement (especially with a cinema display) is SO noticeable in apps like photoshop, and even in games.

I hope that the drivers work for you. If so, that's 60 bucks you won't have to spend!

peas

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 13, 2006
question for both of you..
can you set macros?
im trying to get button 6 on the mouse to be commandQ but when i try to enter the macro it will go command command, with up and down arrows after each command, and then q q, with up and down arrows again.

is there a trick to this?

XNine

macrumors 68040
You actually have to hold down the COMMAND button the ENTIRE time you put the Macro in. So hold down Command, press Q (while still holding down command) and then hit OK or ENTER or whatever to finalize it while still holding down command.

Also, if you plan on using any of the buttons for Expose or one of the F# keys, you have to disable them first in the appropriate pref pane, then go into the Razer prefpane, enter the command (F12, F10, whatever) and then reactive the key in its own pref pane.

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
Onizuka said:
You actually have to hold down the COMMAND button the ENTIRE time you put the Macro in. So hold down Command, press Q (while still holding down command) and then hit OK or ENTER or whatever to finalize it while still holding down command.
Nope, I didn't have to do this. just the normal command Q like you always do.

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
JDN said:
Any chance of getting one of these BT wireless?! they are sweet!
I don't think you really understand what Razer stands for, do you? They make the most responsive and light mices, and you want a slow and heavy because it is wireless....Some people just don't get it :D

NightMare77

macrumors newbie
Jan 31, 2008
I don't have a mac, i have a coustom PC. I have had trouble tring to macro my diamondback and it doesn't work for me. Can u all help?