Razer Imperator mouse - control panel doesn't work

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by zen, Sep 8, 2010.

1. zen macrumors 68000

zen

I just got a Razer Imperator mouse and downloaded the version 1.0 drivers for it from Razer. The control panel has settings for sensitivity, acceleration, polling rate and the lighting (scroll wheel and logo), but none of them work. I can change any setting I like, but when I close and reopen the control panel, they are reset to default. The mouse is working but the sensitivity/tracking speed isn't quite right, but nothing I do seems to affect it.

Also when I restart my computer, I'm told I have either no mouse plugged in or have a keyboard plugged in that is not recognised. Unplugging and re-plugged the mouse fixes that.

Is anyone else using this mouse? Does the control panel work for you, or do you use some other control panel/driver/extension?

2. Blow up tre1 macrumors member

Other Software

Although the Razer software is the best for their mice, some people use usboverdrive or steermouse to get some configuration options on different brands (logitech and others).

I would contact Razer though as they have been known to have good mac support... Well they have it, unlike logitech...
    They have gotten basic drivers out (for non-mac mice) in the past within a week, so if you tell them about a bug, they might find a fix...

You might also want to check the basic stuff like other versions of the software if there are any/re-installing them.

It's just a pity that apple seem to be so anti-mice, but we can't change that... :( Touch-screens and trackpads are the way Apple are heading... Even for their iMac :(

3. zen thread starter macrumors 68000

zen

Thanks for the tip about Steermouse - I'll try that, as I hadn't heard of it before. I haven't actually tried USB Overdrive either, because I thought that was for button configuration only rather than things like tracking, accleration and polling. Looking at the Steermouse screenshots it looks like it handles those.