Razer mamba or logitech mx revolution

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by toxicdrift, Jul 25, 2009.

1. toxicdrift macrumors member

Just got a new 13 macbook pro ! And even though I love the trackpad, this is my first laptop so I'm just too used to the oldskool mouse, confuseed between the above two, I want a proper full size one, I was trying out my sisters logitech mobile usb optical, don't really like it.. I just want a good mouse + mousepad so any other suggestions r also welcome, wireless or bluetooth preferred. Unless its a rock solid wired option which will be more then enough for a regular user, should I just get like a mx518 and spend money on a ram upgrade? lol thanx in advance

2. Syonidism macrumors regular

Let me tell you that as a user of both mice i have to say go with a razer mamba

[​IMG]

im also using a razer Sphex gaming skin ^.^

[​IMG]

best mouse + mat ive ever had.

because the catch is when ur using wireless u need to be able to STILL USE YOUR COMP. while its battery is low. Hence the Mamba. I also have to say that ive drooled quite a lot of saliva after the MX Rev. and it is an extraordinary mouse with more buttons that can be programmed.

However the mamba is a hybrid mouse and the mx rev.'s batt. life is quite horrible. (also it gets scratched way too easily and leaves marks that cannot be repaired easily)

the mamba on the otherhand gives all those and a bag of chips with 1 ms reaction time and über polling rates. ( which is crucial in my part )

I'm not sure what youre asking but if my hands were a little smaller and if i was a constant laptop user as opposed to a hardcore desktop fan, i would go with the Razer Orochi.

Not only is it bluetooth (which means no dongles or whatever) its almost exactly the same as the razer mamba ( i use 2000 dpi at most with my mamba and i have dual monitors which is what the orochi is supplying you ).

on the plus side the orochi is CHEAPER than both the mx rev. & Mamba.

but if you have a desktop and want to use an epic mouse go with the mamba.

also when im on my laptop i use my iphone as a mouse :p i dont know if that counts also but hey...

3. MacMini2009 macrumors 68000

MacMini2009

Consider the new Performance MX Mouse from Logitech.

4. lixuelai macrumors 6502a

You will be happy with the Mamba until someday the feet gets worn or some other minor stuff happens. You call Razer, they tell you that you are SOL and to buy your own feet. You call Logitech for a similar problem they send you new ones no questions asked. Or better yet if there are more serious problems they just send you a brand new mouse. I had 3 Razer mice but after Razer won't ship a lousy $1 replacement set of mouse feet I went with Logitech and been happy ever since.

5. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

for a laptop i would get something smaller than the MX Revo or PMX, things are huge and are more suitable for a desktop.