Razer Mamba or Logitech Performance MX

Codname47

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2012
Hi everyone,

I have A4Tech X7 and want to buy a new mouse. I use my PC for work purposes(coding, writing documents etc.) and gaming(usually FPS games). As you know, Razer Mamba has 1ms response time whereas Performance MX has 8ms. I think the difference between 1ms and 8ms response times cannot be differentiated by human eyes but I'm not sure about it, anyone tested it? In addition, I don't care DPI because I use my mouse in low sensitivity. Another thing that confuses my mind is that everyone on the internet states that Performance MX is not a gaming mouse so why is it not? I mean is it only because of DPI and response time issues? I feel very comfortable with Performance MX but I have some doubts about it's gaming performance. Can you enlighten me up please??

r0k

macrumors 68040
Mar 3, 2008
Detroit
Hi everyone,

I have A4Tech X7 and want to buy a new mouse. I use my PC for work purposes(coding, writing documents etc.) and gaming(usually FPS games). As you know, Razer Mamba has 1ms response time whereas Performance MX has 8ms. I think the difference between 1ms and 8ms response times cannot be differentiated by human eyes but I'm not sure about it, anyone tested it? In addition, I don't care DPI because I use my mouse in low sensitivity. Another thing that confuses my mind is that everyone on the internet states that Performance MX is not a gaming mouse so why is it not? I mean is it only because of DPI and response time issues? I feel very comfortable with Performance MX but I have some doubts about it's gaming performance. Can you enlighten me up please??
In a FPS, milliseconds add up quickly: Network ping, Mouse latency, Framerate... And then you lose. That's probably why the 8ms mouse is not considered a "gaming" mouse and the 1ms mouse is.

It sounds like you are a PC user asking about a mouse in a Mac forum so the answers will probably "vary". ;)

I don't really like Apple mice but I do like their trackpads. The mouse I use today is a Logitech V470 bluetooth mouse and an Apple trackpad for all those productivity-boosting gestures. If I was a gamer and I found I was getting fragged all the time in COD, I guess I'd go looking for a higher performance mouse.