Razer Mamba Problem

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by adsmac123, Jan 27, 2011.

1. adsmac123 macrumors newbie

Hi, I'm having an extremely frustrating situation trying to deal with the aforementioned gaming mouse. Every 4-5 weeks, it decides to go dead - all the mouse buttons work, but the tracking of the cursor does not work.
    I've tried turning it off/on when it's plugged in multiple times, and I try cold booting it and then pairing it immediately when it's not plugged. Neither works, it's been almost 3 days, I'm starting to twitch.

Here are my MB's specifications:
    Model: Summer 2008 Macbook
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz
    ----
    When the Charging Dock is plugged in that enables wireless:
    USB Bus>
    Product ID: 0x000f
    Vendor ID: 0x1532
    Version: 0.01
    Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
    Manufacturer: Razer
    Location ID: 0x1d100000
    Current Available (mA): 500
    Current Required (mA): 100
    ----
    When the actual Razer Mamba is plugged in:
    USB Bus>
    Product ID: 0x000a
    Vendor ID: 0x1532
    Version: 2.00
    Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
    Manufacturer: Razer
    Location ID: 0x1d100000
    Current Available (mA): 500
    Current Required (mA): 100
    ----
    My OS X I'm running in v10.5.8 (I know it isn't the newest version, but I don't see any reason on dumping 30$ on a minor hardware upgrade unless it helps out my gaming).

2. adsmac123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Forgot to say the driver and firmware versions.
    Driver - v1.00
    Firmware - v1.13

As far as I know, those are most up to date, so it can't be those, neither can it be the surface I'm playing on, I play on a high end gaming mouse pad; and, I tried moving it across my arm and the table it sits on.

3. adsmac123, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011

adsmac123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Another bump - does anyone really not know any kind of helpful solution?
    ----
    Here's what I've done today:
    -When I have the driver I have something called RazerMambaHelper.app running in the Activity Monitor; also, it was a log in item - when I uninstall it, it no longer runs, or opens on start up, there seems to be no helpful documentation on the internet about it. I'm guessing it's the Mac's version of multiple files the PC runs in one collective program on a Mac, but I think that may be the problem - every time I've been switching it around, it restarts the program, and I've read on threads dealing with the PC equivalent of this to turn off a certain process, and I'm seeing that process being in the RazerMambaHelper.app.
    -I've been paranoid since I've had to do a hard reset on this Mac almost 7 times and never let things start up on log in, and I've been cancelling that, maybe after a long period of time doing that it has screwed up the mouse?
    -There's almost no solution to this from what I've gathered; it seems I have an early version of the mouse and it may have some hardware problems. That's all I can honestly think of, maybe wiping the memory on it and reinstalling the firmware would work - but in other words this is just an absolute mess.