Razer mice on the mac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Keytachi, Dec 21, 2009.

1. Keytachi macrumors regular

Hi. I want to upgrade my old logitech mouse for a better one, one that has more that the standard 3 buttons.

I've been looking at the Razer mice for a while and found 2 i really like, and that fit in my budget:

The Razer Lachesis

and

The Razer Deathadder

Both have extra programmable buttons, but only the deathadder has official mac support.

Does anyone use either of these mice? How do they perform and how easy/hard was it to configure the buttons?

2. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

I had given a look at these, but being unsure of their Mac compatibility, I just chose the Logitech M500.

At least I know these work... (even with 64-bit 10.6 :D )

3. roliath macrumors regular

roliath

i have the deathadder and the orochi.
    The deathadder is awesome, and setting it up was painless.
    The orochi not so much, I had to set it up in a windows environment and than i was able to use it on my mac.

4. Blow up tre1 macrumors member

Razer onbord memory

Razer have actually released a very basic (supposedly, i haven't got it/used it, but it exists) mac driver for the Orochi. Don't know what it does, but just that they released it is a good sign. Razer mice have onboard memory, which means once programmed in windows, it will do the same stuff in mac. Just wish logitech would be as mac friendly with their mice!

5. dvdhsu macrumors 6502a

dvdhsu

From most PC Hardware sites (HardForums etc...), the DeathAdder seems to be the standard for all other mice to be compared to.
    Excellent mouse. One of the best.

6. Keytachi thread starter macrumors regular

that's what i was afraid, but i guess i can always borrow a friend's pc and configure it there :p

How does having less 2 buttons on the deathadder compare to the orochi extra 4? do you notice much difference?