Razer mouse + software OSX?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thomaskc, Aug 26, 2010.

1. thomaskc macrumors 6502

Hi everyone,

I just want to ask if people have any experience with Razers products and software on OSX? any problems? mouse speed / acceleration with OSX being weird? thank a lot.

2. Stingray454 macrumors 6502a

I used a Diamonback on my PC before switching to Mac. Getting it to work good on Mac was a bit hard, but then I bought a "Pro Click 1.6", which basicly is a white Diamonback (colors work nicely with the mac too). It is delivered with Mac drivers where you can set speed for mouse and doubleclicks, and assign all the buttons to different functions. I tried these drivers with the original diamondback, but that didn't work for some reason.

The ProClick mouse works great for me. The only thing might be that I need to have the speed on max to get the mouse comfortably fast, otherwise it feels sluggish. It's a few years old now but should still be available to order. More info here: http://www.razerzone.com.br/products/gaming_pro_solution/click_16/

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

Overall, Razer mice work well in OS X. The only problem I have is that the firmware/drivers set the tracking speed to about half in System Preferences (which is max through the firmware's configuration). I like to have my mouse track a bit faster but your preference might differ so that might or might not be a problem.

4. toolate macrumors newbie

Does latest Razer's mice (like Deathadder, Orchi, etc - AFAIK all of them uses one driver) has ablility to change MacOS default acceleration scheme (mouse behaviour) to Windows-like without any additional apps like "SteerMouse/USB Overclock/Change acceleration preference for control panel"? For those who don't know, if yes, its probably would not to be turned on by defauld, so need set manually in driver settings.

5. APtalent macrumors regular

I own a Lachesis and it's horrible.

I downloaded USB Overdrive and was able to adjust the sensitivity.

It was still horrible.

In fact, the Lachesis is a horrible overly sensitive mouse.

So I threw it out and used my old HP mouse.

WIN.

6. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

You have to play around with the DPI settings to see what you're most comfortable with.