Razer Naga on Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by leonsg, Nov 18, 2011.

1. leonsg macrumors newbie

Hi everyone! I just bought my first Mac. Macbook Pro 15inch base model (Late2011) :D

I also bought a Razer Naga for playing WoW. Just wondering why its not working when the Mac is running on battery only. I always have to plug-in the charger to make it work.

Anyone else having the same issue?

Tnx!

2. RockPortTech macrumors regular

3. wikus macrumors 68000

wikus

Does the Razer Naga work via bluetooth or does it need a dongle?

4. leonsg thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Mine is the wired version. But you can get the wired/wireless combo version.

5. leonsg thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I got updated drivers for both mac and windows. Same issue. Maybe I should try turning off all the lights on the mouse. Reckon it eats a lot of power?

6. wikus macrumors 68000

wikus

Yes but does the wireless version require a dongle? There shouldnt be any reason to continue using usb ports for mouses when bluetooth is available.

7. huythanhv2 macrumors regular

I think the only Razor mouse that does not require dongle is Razor Orochi as it uses Bluetooth. All the others use some wireless standard and need dongle.

8. wikus macrumors 68000

wikus

Damn it. I was hoping for a wireless alternative to my Logitech MX518 (best mouse you'd ever use).

The next best thing I know of so far is the Logitech MX Performance Mouse, but the feel of that mouse, and especially the MX Revolution mouse, is that they both 'glide' a pixel or so extra either before you stop moving the mouse or after. Theyre not accurate.