Razer Naga won't respond after boot or connection

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by ryansebiz, Feb 4, 2012.

1. ryansebiz macrumors member

ryansebiz

Whenever I cold boot my Macbook Pro it takes several minutes before my Razer Naga will respond. This also happens if I unplug all the USB peripherals (when I need to move my MPB to another room temporarily) and when I reconnect everything is also takes the Razer several minutes to work.

I'm running the latest version of the Razer preference pane (2.01) and have upgraded its firmware to the latest version via Boot Camp (no Mac app exists).

Any ideas how I can get my Razer Naga to work immediately after boot or connection?

2. kamuix macrumors regular

is your mouse connected through a usb hub or directly to the macbook pro? I have a naga and it's connected through a usb hub. it'll usually take a second before the mouse responds. im currently running ver 2.0 synapse drivers.

do you have the same problem when using the mouse in windows via bootcamp?

3. ryansebiz thread starter macrumors member

ryansebiz

I've tried a hub and straight connection, the old preference pane drivers and the new Synapse 2.0 app as well as Boot Camp. Nothing works. The mouse takes 20-30 minutes to respond after plugging it in or turning on my Mac.

Since upgrading to the new Synapse 2.0 drivers, it never recognizes the Razer. I've done several uninstalls and reinstalls but no dice. The side buttons revert back to 1-9, 0, -, and + (not the NumPad buttons, the regular ones).

Any ideas?

4. kamuix, Feb 7, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012

kamuix macrumors regular

Hrm that's weird that it happens in OSX and bootcamp. Do you think it might be an issue with the mouse itself? Possibly defective? Is it possible for you to test the mouse on another machine and see if you have the same issues?

I used to be on 10.7.2 and was alright with the old drivers till I updated to the new synapse. Yeah when you install the new synapse it basically resets all your settings. I didn't know till after the new drivers. Basically, I don't know why they store all your settings via cloud. So you have to literally make a razer account and log in so it can check which razer product you have. Then you have to literally reconfigure the settings you have. What's worse is that you always have to be logged in, for the drivers to kick in and recognize your mouse.

This is the new window:
    [​IMG]

5. weslito macrumors newbie

I'm having similar problems. I just got a Naga yesterday. It was working fine last night, but this evening Synapse stopped recognising the mouse. Just getting a black screen and no mouse settings. I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling to no avail.
    I have contacted Razer to see if they can help at all. Will report back here if they offer any insight.

Attached Files:

6. kamuix macrumors regular

When I take my air on the go, I usually unplug everything and head out. When I come back and plug the mouse back in, I usually get issues. Rather a blank screen, I can't even open the window at all and my mouse is not recognized by the software. What I have to do is actually kill all the razer processes in the activity monitor and let the thing turn itself back on, or turn it on from my apps folder. Usually that fixes the problem.

7. ryansebiz, Feb 8, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2012

ryansebiz thread starter macrumors member

ryansebiz

Thanks kamul. Just to clarify, you're killing the Synapse 2.0 process, correct? When I kill it my Razer still doesn't respond, even after waiting for 30 minutes.

8. kamuix macrumors regular

Yeah the razer synapse. There's also an updater called Rzupdater. So in total I have two processes: RzUpdater and RzDeviceEngine.

Is it possible to test the mouse on another machine to see if it's defective to be on the safe side?

9. ryansebiz thread starter macrumors member

ryansebiz

Tested it on two Macs with the exact same problem on both :(

10. kamuix, Feb 10, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2012

kamuix macrumors regular

Hrmm that's not good. I'm stumped, but I think it may be the mouse that is giving you headaches. :(

Sorry I can't help you out even more.

11. XEC macrumors newbie

kamuix,

It is possible that your razer naga software got mixed up because you have two version of naga drivers installed in your system. I suggest you uninstall both of them and reinstall the new driver which is the Razer Synapse 2.0.

12. XEC macrumors newbie

Are you using the latest Razer Synapse 2.0 Mac Driver? The last update I saw in their website was February 8, 2012. You can also update the software using the glowing green button at the bottom-right side of its window (see kamuix screenshot).

13. weslito macrumors newbie

Yup, I've got the latest version. I've even just moved to a brand new 2011 iMac and I'm getting the same problem.
    Uninstalling Synapse wouldn't help, but if I uninstalled then searched my user library and also system library and deleted all the Razor stuff, I could then reinstall and it would work again, albeit temporarily.

I have finally managed to sort this problem by doing a fresh install of Synapse, then before doing anything I locked every single Razer file on the computer. This seems to have stopped it, and as the mouse settings are stored over the cloud, I can still change settings.

I find it strange that I got the same problem when moving to a new Mac, but no one else has this problem?