Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

exe163

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 13, 2010
How's this razer mouse work on OS X? I have been looking for a bluetooth mouse for a while now, based on the reviews, I have yet to find a ideal one. I heard razer recently released a new driver that fixes the problems people were complaining about. My biggest concern is still about whether or not it will effect the track pad settings. In windows boot camp, if I install logitech driver for my mouse (no mouse accel), the settings carry over to the touch pad making it almost unusable.

Demthios

macrumors member
Jul 27, 2008
I've been using mine for over a year now. I love it, works perfectly fine with my MBP. The settings don't mess with the track pad at all. Even installed it into bootcamp. One of the fastest (dpi wise) bluetooth mice out there. Only thing I don't like about it, is that it does eat thru my batteries pretty well. But I use it constantly, for school and such. So I just use rechargeable batteries and always keep a spare set in the charger to swap out when the die. But one the same token if I'm at school and it dies I just plug it in via the USB cord and can continue to use it till I can get some new batteries in it instead of just being dead in the water, because I can't navigate or function in Maya half as well with the trackpad as I can a mouse.

Chromide

macrumors newbie
Oct 15, 2008
Michigan
mine just came yesterday and so far I love it. I havent used it through bluetooth much yet as I have it plugged in to my docking station-esque setup. (just got my minidisplay to hdmi to complete that setup :D)

DeusInvictus7

macrumors 68020
Aug 13, 2008
Kitchener, Ontario
I really like mine. I have really only used it through bluetooth, but it seems to work very well. The only thing I could really say that isn't so great is the really fast sleep timer, which puts the mouse to sleep after about 2 seconds of inactivity. It's not enough to be a dealbreaker, but it is a tad annoying with the lag/stutter from the waking.

As to the drivers affecting the trackpad, this is a nonissue, the driver software doesn't even touch the trackpad settings in any way.

roliath

macrumors regular
Dec 7, 2009
dallas
I like mine alot, however every once in awhile my macro's will disappear and i'll have to recreate them. Or they'll get unassigned. Very annoying. Luckily this only happens when I connect it via USB which I rarely do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.