Razer orochi notebook mouse for MBP gaming

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by seb.nkl, Sep 27, 2009.

1. seb.nkl macrumors newbie

Hi there,
    So I just ordered one of these razer orochi mice from Amazon,and a MBP from ebay, Im not a hardcore gamer or anything, its just I'd like to know If any of you have had experience with the 'first laptop gaming mouse' pairing it with Mac OS and a MBP!

2. yensteel macrumors regular

At least you didn't get the Naga. I don't think that mouse would work in Mac OS.

Anyways, you need to find a way to disable the acceleration if you want to play games properly in Mac OS. USB Overdrive and Steermouse would do the job.

Because I haven't paid for either, I don't have any experiences with gaming on the mac yet.

3. macfrik macrumors 6502

macfrik

I think it will work because I saw the Orochi tech spec at the Razer website and it shows Mac OS X under the Operating System tab. I think it will work and I am planning to buy it really soon!

4. RomanBen macrumors newbie

5. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

As a hardcore gamer I can tell you that all of the Razer mice work with Mac OS X, it's just that you won't be able to fine tune some things such as the laser sensitivity. For some mice without Mac drivers, you won't be able to remap mouse buttons.

But since the Orochi has Mac drivers, you'll be fine (and won't have to use apps like Overdrive and such to change acceleration or sensitivity because the Mac drivers let you do just that).

Note that while Razer makes excellent mice, they are very inconsistent in terms of quality. Like how my Mamba failed or my DeathAdder's scroll wheel is loose or how the Copperhead skips a lot. Course like any product it's bound to happen, but it just seems to happen quite a bit with Razer.