Razer Orochi or Logitech v555b bluetooth mouse for Mountain Lion MBP?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Mr.Bullitt, Nov 27, 2012.

1. Mr.Bullitt macrumors regular

Hi guys,

although I am happy with my magic mouse, I still would like to have another mouse, for when I connect to windows servers via remote desktop and then for some casual gaming.

I have narrowed it down to these 2:

Razer Orochi
    Ligitech v555b

I read something about software problems with the Orochi, but are those related to the gaming software on Mountain Lion / Lion? i.e. if I do not install this software - will the mouse function like a normal 2+ button bluetooth mouse???

2. DimensionDude macrumors newbie

I have a Razer Orochi but I'm using it with Snow Leopard, not Mountain Lion.

Haven't had any trouble with the software, and it does operate as a standard 2 button mouse without the Razer drivers.

I have 3 minor complaints about this mouse:

1. The power-saver is super aggressive. If the mouse is still for 2 seconds or more it "sleeps." This causes a very slight delay in pointer reaction the next time the mouse is moved.

2. The side buttons are difficult to operate as they are nearly flush with the body of the mouse.

3. The USB cable is fantastically difficult to remove from the mouse. The mouse must be connected via USB for profile/programming changes.

3. Mr.Bullitt thread starter macrumors regular

Hi!

Thanks for your reply.

- is not possible to (maybe on windows version) to adjust the power saving features???

4. Mr.Bullitt thread starter macrumors regular

5. blueroom macrumors 603

blueroom

I want one, just can find any in stock in Toronto. Supposed to be available by now.