Razer Orochi

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Rofl, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Rofl macrumors member

Anyone got one of these? I've done some thorough research and people have been complaining a lot about the sleep issue (where the mouse jerks across the screen for a second after coming out of sleep mode).

I've also seen some conflicting views about how some people have experienced this problem whilst others haven't - depending on the firmware that they've installed?

If this problem doesn't exist, then I would happily purchase one, but I'm erring on the side of caution here :/

2. Rofl, Dec 20, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2010

Rofl thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply. But if you had spent the time actually reading those threads instead of searching for and pasting links from related threads, you would have found that the answer I'm looking for isn't on there. I said I've done thorough research and that includes having read up on all of those threads.

Moreover, I'm looking for a more 'recent' answer - circa Nov/Dec 2010. The new firmware update 1.06 came out at the end of October, and I want to know whether this has indeed changed anything.

So can anyone who actually has one of these mice kindly give me a more appropriate response please?

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

You said nothing about reading any of the threads in this forum. Many like you who are new to this forum are unaware that many topics have been discussed before and can be found by searching the forum with MRoogle. I took the time to find and post links to relevant threads that might be helpful. Whether they have your answer or not is up to you to determine.

You also said nothing in your original post about the firmware update 1.06. If you are more specific in your posts about what you're looking for, you're likely to get more specific and on-target responses.

If you're going to have a positive experience in this forum, I suggest you refrain from criticizing those who take the time to respond to your questions. If a response doesn't help, just ignore it. Biting the hand that feeds you isn't wise.

How to maximise your MacRumors troubleshooting experience

4. Rofl thread starter macrumors member

I'm not trying to add more fuel to the fire, but to be honest, I don't know how much more specific I could have been. If you refer to my first post, my first sentence quite explicitly says, 'Has anyone got one of these?' And the next thing which followed from you was a broad array of secondary sources for me to select from.

If you're not going to directly answer my question, then I would appreciate if you'd just refrain from infantalising new users on MacRumors by assuming they can't even use the search button. I said I did 'thorough research' - one would hope this infers a basic grasp of being able to search for something? You're the one who's not really enhancing anyone's experience around here by your persistent advocating of MRoogle. I usually find people tolerable on forums, but you have just broken my threshold with your petty ignorance which quite frankly, borders trolling.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

They're not "secondary sources". They're threads with posts from people who had personal experience with the Razer Orochi, so they were relevant.
    It's not a question of being able to use the search button. Many who are new don't know about MRoogle. It's not "infantalising" to make new users aware of a tool that's not readily apparent on the forum. If you take it as such, that's your personal problem.
    I can't begin to count the number of times someone has done "thorough research" or "spent 2 hours Googling" only to find the answer in seconds with MRoogle.
    Others would differ:
    From Forum Rules: