Razer Sabertooth on Mac

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by snooze107, Oct 22, 2013.

1. snooze107 macrumors newbie

I've tried installing the usual drivers and doing the fixes that worked for other third party controllers, but they don't work for this.

2. nuf4ngd3v macrumors newbie

Same, here...

The controller and its details shows up in the System Report > Hardware > USB pane, but it is otherwise unrecognized even after trying as many fixes I've been able to find.

When the OS X driver was installed, the computer restarted, and the controller plugged in, the buttons lit up and went dark, and then the Razer emblem lit up and stayed lit - but no controller was recognized nor any button presses were registered in the 360 Controllers pane.

I sent an email to Razer and all they could tell me is they had and have no plans to make it compatible with OS X. I also emailed the creator of the 360 controller driver for OS X (Colin Munro at tattiebogle dot net) some weeks back but haven't received any replies. Additionally, I also had an exchange with someone from Vivid Machine (behind the Controllers app for OS X) who tried to help out, but the end result was the same: shows up in the USB pane, but not anywhere else (e.g. not in the 360 Controllers pane in System Preferences that the tattiebogle driver creates, which displays something to the effect of 'No Device Detected' and no other options, nor in the Controllers app). And after all that, and more, I tried updating the .plist manually to add the details of the Sabertooth, as found on the forums at shoryuken and youtube, but it was a no-go.

If anyone has any tips, advice, hints, or help they can extend, it would be greatly appreciated!

I'm currently running Mavericks, should that be pertinent; let me know if there is any other relevant information that could be provided to help out the helping :D

3. Mandinga macrumors newbie

Im on the same boat

I'm on the same boat, would be great to use this great controller on my mac side. would save me a ton of space of a windows install.

4. walkthruwalls macrumors member

walkthruwalls

Did anybody have any luck with this? I can't get it to work on the OS X side even if it works flawlessly with Bootcamp (8.1). Even the tatieboggle drivers are a no-go. :mad: