Razer Synapse 2.0 will not install...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Revanchist, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Revanchist macrumors newbie

Revanchist

Hi,
    I'm not entirely sure where to put this, but this seemed as good a place as any. I have a Razer Blackwidow Ultimate mac layout, and a Razer Naga Epic, so I need to download Synapse 2.0. I've downloaded it, and I ran the installer, restarted, but nothing shows up. There is no application in my applications folder, and no uninstall Synapse application in my utilities.

I've installed it successfully on my Windows partition, and on a different Mac, but it does not work on mine. I have contacted Razer support about it miltiple times, but nothing they suggest fixes it. I tried verifying/repairing disk, booting in safe mode, creating a new admin user on my computer, deleting the .DMG file and re-downloading multiple times, but nothing.

They finally told me to contact Apple support, which I will do eventually if I have to, but that's a last resort. My OS (10.6.8) is supported by Synapse 2, and everything checks out. It should work, but it doesn't. It's so weird. Any ideas? =/
    Thanks!
    -Rev

2. zoraw macrumors newbie

Have you tried to going to /var/db/receipts/ to delete everything that begins with com.razer before reinstalling?

3. Telwaz macrumors newbie

I have the same problem, do you find whats wrong and have a answer?
    thanks!

4. Revanchist thread starter macrumors newbie

Revanchist

I don't have those folders, or anything with com.razer in it. And no, I haven't yet found a solution. I'm thinking I may take my computer in to the Apple store so they can troubleshoot it.