Razor sharp edges (late 08 MBP)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Pngwyn, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Pngwyn macrumors regular

Has anyone noticed the razor sharp edges of the MBP (the keyboard part)?

Not complaining about it really, but I just cut my hand pretty bad on it and wanted to see if anyone noticed this as well haha.

2. duffyanneal macrumors 6502a

duffyanneal

I haven't noticed any really sharp edges. Could you take a pic or better describe where the sharp area is?

3. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Pictures or it didnt happen :p

Um the edges around the hole thing is sharp but not the dip in the keyboard itself...

4. Pngwyn thread starter macrumors regular

Probably a bad description. I did mean around the whole thing. Just not the screen part.

5. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

6. splashnader macrumors 6502a

splashnader

Wear gloves.

7. Nedturskakao macrumors member

No ****, it is pretty sharp! If you are sitting on a lower than the place where your umbp is, then it does actually hurt the wristes (can't spell). It's not a big deal, cause it isn't hard to move your hands a bit, or just move the computer a bit in on the table, and then there's no problem.

8. Aranince macrumors 65816

I have the new MBP, and there are no razor-sharp edges at all.

9. sukanas macrumors 6502a

sukanas

you know.. you guys need to stop complaining. im sick of all these... crooked keys, glossy display, fcked up trackpad

for god's sake, just be a man and live with that cut dude.

..in case you didnt notice, it was a joke.
    btw, i checked and no razor sharp edges on mine

10. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Feel the edge of the MBP bottom case, its sharp. Not really like a razor but its sharp...

11. Technologist macrumors member

I just picked mine up yesterday. 2009 17" Macbook Pro 5.2 at 2.8Ghz

Mine is Razor Sharp. Within 30 minutes I had a cut on my right hand. Within 60 minutes I had 5 layers of tape stuck on to keep the cutting action down.

In a fight I'm ready to use my open Macbook like a sword :)

Thanksgiving will be a great time to carve a turkey with my Macbook Pro.

12. AaronX macrumors member

I wish there were a way to rate posts. Yours would be 5/5.
    Mine is uncomfortable, but I wouldn't say sharp. It's almost a perfect 90˚ angle.

13. m85476585 macrumors 65816

[​IMG]

You could carefully file down he edges, but it would be extremely difficult to make it look good, and it would probably void the warranty.

14. Dollyrkr macrumors newbie

so angry about this

i bought this macbook to write a book and i can't because after only a little time my wrists are torn up. i went to these forums and people said to buy this protection pack from marware, so i spent $30 on it, and it doesnt' do anything to help. it just protects the computer - not my wrists, which have giant gashes in them!! so i now have just paid another $46 to get an "iLap" which is just b.s. - i shouldn't have to spent $86 to not have my wrists torn to shreds using a laptop i paid a grand for! really wrong. apple should fix this. apple should reimburse me. its terrible. i really hurt and most of all i am upset that i want to be working but i am too afraid of the pain.

15. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

It's not sharp... I just wasted 5 minutes of my life trying to cut my wrists and all I got were some red marks that disappeared after 5 seconds. I'm not muscular or thick skinned. You have to really push down just to get a red mark.

16. prodigee macrumors 6502a

I am not entirely sure why this thread from Nov 2008 was bumped, but to get to the point. Either the OP has knives on the edge of his laptop of he is just trying to start something. I have never had an issue with the edge of the laptop, perhaps you should try using proper typing position and stop pressing down on the edge of the laptop with insane force. The fact that you say you have gashes on your wrist is interesting to me. How are you still alive? If you cut yourself that many times, the thing would be covered in blood and you would be dead.

Are you sure you aren't getting your cuts from somewhere else? Like that knife?

17. jdaniel macrumors 65816

who knows... defective one wasnt machined right... but whatever the case first place it should go is back to apple... why bother doing anything else....

18. archre macrumors member

archre

I think Apple introduced the sharp edges to make it attractive for Emo kids.

SCNR

19. silverite macrumors newbie

If they really bother you - perhaps buy a incase/speck hardshell on your laptop? That should cover your edges?