RBS Citizens vs. Barclay?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by jdspc, Aug 13, 2014.

1. jdspc macrumors newbie

Hi guys, long time lurker but first time poster

i have a question about apple store financing. what's the difference between the student rbs citizens card and the barclay card for the apple store, besides the interest rates and special offers? is one easier to get than the other?

sorry if this is in the wrong thread.

thanks

2. hallux macrumors 68030

hallux

The company/bank that backs it. The Citizen's Bank one may be easier as it's geared toward students who won't typically have a significant credit history.

For what it's worth, RBS Citizens beat the manufacturer's advertised finance rate by .19% when I bought my car 3 years ago.

3. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Do yourself a favor and don't finance a computer.

4. iBanker macrumors regular

I financed a MacBook two years ago - it was essentially an interest-free loan for three months, I paid the principal before the grace period ended. Why not delay payment at no cost?

5. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

Because unless you can predict the future, you never know if you'll run in to some sort of emergency that requires you to spend the money on other things, now you're stuck with a loan on a MacBook at what is probably at least a 20% APR.

6. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

Find the terms and read each: that's the best way to figure the differences.

7. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

That's generally what I do. I look to see which product has the best terms and go for that :)

Free financing is usually a good one to embrace, if you can pay off the balance before the expiration date of the deal, i.e., don't delay otherwise all the accrued interest is applied.