RDC for Mac

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vshivas2107, Aug 6, 2011.

1. vshivas2107 macrumors newbie

Hi,

I have problem with RDC for Mac connecting to windows. Following is the setup i have in place.

Remote machine:

Windows XP
    WAN is DHCP but i have setup dynamic DNS in the router

Remote desktop to XP using DynDNS name works fine if i try it from any other windows machine outside my LAN. I was able to remote desktop using both the DHCP IP (WAN IP) and DynDNS service name.

MacBook Pro

Mac OS X 10.6.8 Intel Core i7

I am trying to use Remote desktop client for Mac and trying to connect to this remote XP machine. I am able to connect to XP using local IP (192.168.x.x) but when i try it for the WAN IP or the DynDNS name, it just fails with remote machine cannot be found.

The Remote Desktop on the XP machine is setup very right as it is working with RDP on windows machine both in & outside network. I have tried with few other Mac RDP clients like TSClientX, CODR but none of them work. Any insight as what might be wrong? Any info would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Shiva

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I use TeamViewer, which works with Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Ubuntu, iPhone, iPad, etc. It's very secure and quite simple to set up and use.... and it's free.

3. Tiki35, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2011

Tiki35 macrumors 6502

You need to forward port 3389 on your router to your internal IP address of LAN computer.