Rdio is awesome, iTunes and Rhapsody Replacement

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by jbouklas, Jun 13, 2010.

1. jbouklas macrumors regular

I must have signed up for this service months ago, and just got an invite. It's like Rhapsody (on-demand music streaming), but only $10 a month and I can stream to multiple mobile devices at the same time (unlike Rhapsody). It also has an Adobe AIR desktop app and a web interface that streams music to your computer.

So far the music catalog is pretty big, haven't come across any music I wanted that they don't have, yet. They also have an update in the works, should be approved any day now, hopefully. (In addition to an update to enable 4.0 background API support, I imagine.)

Attached is a screenshot.

It also looks like I have a few invites, PM me if you want one. It comes with a 3 day free trial, then it's $10 a month.

I just downloaded it a couple of days ago, I'm ready to sign up for the full account.

Spread the word,

James

(I'm not affiliated with this company in any way, just a fan, even though this post seems like a commercial. And yes, Grooveshark VIP is only $3 a month, but it only works on JB phones, and the app is buggy as hell.)

Attached Files:

2. headphonesonly macrumors newbie

I still don't understand why people want to move all of their music to the cloud in days of data caps and slow, unreliable data networks like AT&T.

Do you carry a lot of music on your phone as well and only stream sometimes, or when you are in wifi?

3. jasonc11 macrumors newbie

Hey would love to check out Rdio - are you able to cache music for off-line listening?

4. jbouklas thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, it has an offline mode and the option to cache songs in your collection. PM me with your email and I'll send you out an invite later today when I'm at my laptop.

5. jasonc11 macrumors newbie

Cool, thanks, email is jcinnyc @gmail. Thanks again!