Re-Assigning F-Keys.. Please Help

Discussion in 'macOS' started by yOGi420™, May 28, 2010.

1. yOGi420™ macrumors member

yOGi420™

I have the older keyboard on my macbook which has the volume keys assigned to F3, F4, & F5 and so on with the other F-Keys of the older layout and just got a silicone keyboard skin which has the same layout of my iMac's BT keyboard (eg. volume on F10, F11, & F12 and you hit the function key to use the original assignments of these keys). I want to assign these keys to match what is printed in the skin and also so that I will always do the same thing on both my computers to just simplify my typing rather than having to type one way on my MacBook and another on my iMac. Can someone help me with the reassigning of all the F-Keys on my MacBook??? BTW I'm running OS X 10.6.3 on my MacBook if that makes a difference. :D

2. yOGi420™ thread starter macrumors member

yOGi420™

Dang it looks like there is no one on here to help me out with this issue... :( I guess I'll just have to call up apple to see if they can help me out wit this. I thought for sure someone has done this on here.:confused:

3. Gregg2 macrumors 603

System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse > Keyboard Shortcuts

As it says:
    To change a shortcut, double-click the shortcut and hold down the new keys.

It's probably a little more complex as you want to reassign several, but try Mac Help. There might be more tips.