Re: Cellular Bands, there are two USA models (tl;dr: skip ATT)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spaceballl, Sep 10, 2015.

1. spaceballl macrumors 68030

spaceballl

2. AppleFan91 macrumors 65816

AppleFan91

Awesome! Thank you!! This confirms that the T-Mobile full retail will wrk on VZW too!

3. ajpuciat macrumors member

Will the other model work well for ATT or is band 30 vital?

4. flur macrumors 68000

Band 30 is for their next gen network that doesn't exist yet. So right now, band 30 will make absolutely no difference at all. I honestly question if it will make a difference in the next 2 years, at least for most users. ATT was supposed to start on this network over the summer but hasn't.

5. terraphantm macrumors 68040

It's not vital since other AT&T phones don't have band 30 and do fine, but it's nice to have.

And there is a chance that the AT&T phone will have CDMA. Last year Apple claimed the AT&T and T-mobile versions didn't have CDMA, when in reality they did.

6. atomic50 macrumors member

Already started deployment and it will be a significant difference in network capacity.

Samsung Galaxy S6/Edge/Active/edge+/Note 5/Tab S2 and HTC One M9

I think that's right given FCC testing confirms that.

7. terraphantm macrumors 68040

And there's many more that don't have it, including the other iPhones. It's not vital.

8. UPBaylor macrumors member

This is now really confusing for a novice like me. I guess it's easy if the CDMA on the AT&T phones is true. I wasn't aware of that. The best choice is likely the SIM-less phone, but will that have the Band 30 on it?

9. spazma7ik macrumors 6502a

I'm so glad you need a Verizon account to actually preorder a Verizon iPhone (regardless of paying full price). Last thing we need is all the ATT people trying to take our preorders as well.

10. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

The iPhone 6 AT&T iPhone didn't have cdma or so apple said. Yet my AT&T iPhone 6 that I unlocked worked fine with Verizon on Lte.

11. barkomatic macrumors 68040

It would be nice to have a universal model and I really don't know why Apple has to make this so complex. Anyway, since I have unlimited data with AT&T which is on a FAN discount I don't intend to switch to Verizon--and definitely not Sprint. If AT&T kills unlimited someday I may switch to T-Mobile though--which will work just fine on an AT&T iPhone.

12. techspin macrumors 6502a

Well if you order from Apple you don't need a Verizon account. I'm taking your phone. ;)