Re: Deleting Application folders

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Fiore, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Fiore macrumors newbie

Hello, I am new to Mac and learning fast. I installed a Photoshop package which included extra programs. I now have 'Applications' plus three other Applications folders with a little shortcut arrows on the left side .
    I am not sure how I managed to do this or if 'I' dit it!
    Is it alright to delete by dragging the extra Application folders to the trash bin?
    Are they actually copies of the first folder or what?
    Sorry, but there is definitely a different and sometimes better concept to Mac software, but it is not always intuitive.
    Would welcome any help you can give me.
    Fiore :confused:

2. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

so the extra Application folders are in the Finder window sidebar? if so these are aliases (akin to shortcuts) and can just be dragged off onto the desktop.

3. Fiore thread starter macrumors newbie

Re:Copies

Yes, they appear to be a total copy of the application Folder. I didn't want to delete them and find I had a problem. But by what you say they are pure copies. Any ideas as to how that happened?, I would rather not make the same mistake again!!
    Thanks for the quick response
    Fiore

4. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

Those arrows on the side mean that they are a shortcut, they are not copies, just when you click it, it takes you to your one application folder. The two applications folders with arrows on the side can be move to the trash and the trash can be emptied without a problem.