Re-Download bought Apps

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by greenmymac, Aug 6, 2008.

1. greenmymac macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

Is there a way to redownload all the Apps I have purchased from the App Store

2. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Simply find the app, click buy or download and it will be downloaded for free.

Or the iTunes "Search for Purchased Content" menu option may be able to find everything at once.

TEG

3. chrisb3 macrumors regular

Yep. Click, "Buy App". It will allow you to redownload it for free. Assuming, of course, that you're logged into the iTunes account you purchased the app with.

If it does charge you, as long as you have the original proof of purchase, you can get Apple to refund you.

4. greenmymac thread starter macrumors 6502a

greenmymac

I tried that and When I click "buy" "enter my password" and then it says when you click buy your credit card will be charged"

5. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

If you're using the same iTunes account, after you enter your password it should tell you that you've already bought the app, and ask if you want to download it again. Are you sure you're on the same account? If you are, do you still have your e-mail receipt from iTunes? Contact them and let them know what's happening and they'll give you a credit so you can "buy" it again.

6. fatalcure macrumors newbie

same thing happens to me, and i'm logged on w/ the same itunes account (i only have 1 account)...

the Store->Check for Purchases option only pops up a box saying "All purchases have been downloaded for this account. You can burn a CD/DVD...."

7. rittchard macrumors 6502

I had to do this a bunch of times yesterday after restoring from a bad lockup.

AFAIK, you will not be charged. I proceeded through the process all the way so it seemed like I was right about to be charged, at the last possible point a pop up says "you have already purchased this do you want to download again" or something like that. Definitely not the friendliest thing.