Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HughJ

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 21, 2006
Norwich UK
I've accidentally wiped my entire hard disk and didn't back up (wont be doing that again i tell thee)

however i did have a fair amount of purchased music from the iTunes store on there, which has now been lost, is it possible to re-download my purchases without having to pay for them again?

aristobrat

macrumors G5
Oct 14, 2005
You can to into the iTunes Store and contact customer service and tell them what happened. Although it's against their stated policy, they generally allow people to redownload their stuff once.

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
But I'm certain they will remind you of a little message that comes up after you buy oh so many songs that says "We thank you for your purchases at the iTunes store. We strongly suggest you back up your purchases. Would you like to do that through iTunes?"

And they will tell you "We told you so" and hopefully let you re-download all those songs.

HBOC

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2008
SLC
i have the same problem. Although it was just a single, and only .99, there is no option for me to re-purchase this song. It just says "already purchased" next to the song. how can i just buy this song again, rather than going to amazon..?

tmofee

macrumors regular
Sep 27, 2009
Mildura
they will let you download your entire collection once, but the only problem there is if it is off of itunes now, tough luck. so those free mp3 of the weeks will usually not download. i also lost an EP that the band deleted once their crappier remake came out...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.