RE-Downloading App from Store

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Oldmanmac, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Oldmanmac macrumors 6502

I downloaded an app from the App Store. I'm finding that I am missing something from the program and want to re-d/l it. But the App Store says 'Installed' and is greyed out.

I know that I d/led M Lion several times, so it must be possible.
    How?

2. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

If you hold down the option key and click the Purchased icon at the top of the App Store window, there's a good chance that the status button for the app in question will change from "Downloaded" to "Download," or from "Installed" to "Install."

3. Oldmanmac thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, but that didn't work. Tried several different key combo, but nada.

4. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

Remove the app completely from your Mac...Use search to find all files related to it.

Then re-boot the machine and you should be able to download and install the app from the MAS without issue.

5. jrhillma macrumors newbie

This. I had the same issue when reinstalling ML onto a bare drive. I had backed everything from the original install to an external USB drive using CCC. After I reinstalled ML, I had the USB drive connected. No matter what I tried, I couldn't get App Store to let me re-download my purchased apps.

At some point it occurred to me that App Store was seeing the apps as installed because it found them on that external drive. I ejected the drive and re-started App Store. All of the "Installed" buttons changed to "Download".

App Store is apparently very thorough in indexing apps.