Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wayland1985

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 16, 2008
I reformatted my mac the other day... However, my applications were never backed up. They appear in the Applications tab of iTunes, but they're represented by a generic black icon, with their name underneath. Double clicking them brings up a box asking if I would like to locate the files...

Is there a way to get iTunes to automatically retrieve them back onto my computer? Or do I need to delete them all from iTunes, and re-download them individually? How will I retrieve paid-for apps???

SkyBell

macrumors 604
Sep 7, 2006
Texas, unfortunately.
I reformatted my mac the other day... However, my applications were never backed up. They appear in the Applications tab of iTunes, but they're represented by a generic black icon, with their name underneath. Double clicking them brings up a box asking if I would like to locate the files...

Is there a way to get iTunes to automatically retrieve them back onto my computer? Or do I need to delete them all from iTunes, and re-download them individually? How will I retrieve paid-for apps???

Apps you've already paid for, they usually keep track of and let you re-download.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.