Re-Downloading iTunes Purchased Content

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Steve Jobs=God, Oct 5, 2009.

1. Steve Jobs=God macrumors 6502

Hi guys, wondering if you can help me,

I've recently had my external hard drive stolen (police dealing with) which housed my iTunes content :(

I've got all of my music on my iPhone so can easily get that transferred back onto my replacement ext HD, i've already come to terms with having to put another 6 months aside to re-rip all my DVD's to be viewable on my computer and ATV, which just leaves my purchased iTunes movies and TV Shows.

I've never contacted Apple for anything so am somewhat unsure on how i can go about redownloading my stuff, if i can at all! Is it just a case of emailing Apple and explaining the situation to them and they will allow me to redownload?

2. jdechko macrumors 68040

Yes. Contact the iTunes store support and explain the situation to them. They will re-authorize your account to download previously purchased media. This is a one-time exception that they do.

Also note that it may be incomplete. Some free songs may be unavailable, and some songs (say a single) might now be from the album instead.