Re-downloading iWork on Mavericks - again!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by SiFly, Nov 4, 2013.

1. SiFly macrumors newbie

I've had a look online for the answer but I've not found anything similar yet. I updated to Mavericks and, as you would expect, updated each of my iWork and iLife apps to the new versions. Since then, I have had to re-download these apps three times and this morning I attempted to open Pages and, surprise surprise, it has to redownload again. This is beyond a joke. It's happened twice with Aperture, and three times each with iPhoto, iMovies, Numbers, Pages and Keynotes.

Does anybody have any suggestions or answers for this problem? I don't want to have to download these apps each time I want to use them.

2. itsOver9000 macrumors 6502

itsOver9000

bump.

Nobody else has had this problem?
    I went through it with the iWork apps when I originally moved to Mavericks and updated the iWork and iLife apps. Had to install them 3 times before they finally stopped re-downloading themselves.....

that is until today...
    I installed a few updates earlier today. I think Keynote, Pages, and Numbers each had an update as well as a few small OS updates.
    Now a few hours later and all of a sudden Numbers, Keynote, Pages, and iMovie are all downloading and installing themselves again. wtf. About 2.6gb all together. awesome.

3. BillyBobBongo macrumors 68020

BillyBobBongo

I had this too on my iMac just after Mavericks was released. I deleted the Apps from my system and then downloaded them from the App Store and that seemed to stop it.