Re-Downloading Lion

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Krayzie116, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Krayzie116 macrumors 6502

I got a quick question, I download Lion with one of my old gmail accounts. I was wondering if I creat a new Apple ID with a different email but the same credit card will I be able to re-download it again?

2. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

No. You should be careful setting up an apple id with an email that you can't keep "forever". You should be able to log in to that old apple id and provide a new email. Never discard an email associated with an Apple ID before first changing it to the new email you want associated with that account or at least adding the new email to that Apple ID. You will have a hard time "transferring purchases" between apple accounts regardless what credit card you use.

3. Krayzie116 thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I think my ID that I'm using is a gmail is bad cause I can't log in to the Apple Store App anymore. :mad:

4. Krayzie116 thread starter macrumors 6502

Okay I have another question I hope you guys can answer. I download Lion using an gmail account. I have an me/iCloud account using the iPhone iOS 5 Beta, if I use me/iCloud as my primary email and I use my gmail as my Alternate Email Addresses would I still be able to re-download lion if I need to? The reason why I'm asking is that when I try to open Apple Store App with my gmail account it wont open. So I was thinking if I could do this?

5. Quad5Ny macrumors 6502a

Quad5Ny

Why can't you login using the old ID? Did you forget the password? If you did contact Mac App Store support and they will help you recover it and change your email (and possibly even change the login ID).

6. r0k macrumors 68040

r0k

I agree. Unlike google, Apple actually wants to talk with humans on the phone and can help you in any number of ways if you lose access to your account. Is the underlying reason you can't access your iTunes account related to loss of access to your gmail account? If this is the case, there are recovery steps you can take to re-gain access to the gmail account you were using with that particular iTunes account. Of course it is best to set up gmail's recovery options BEFORE you lose access as their automated method of getting your account back is unreliable and google refuses to provide any form of phone support for gmail. Still, no matter what the reason you can't access your iTunes account, Apple will help you if you call them.