Re-enable multitouch gestures on iPad for ios4.3.3

Discussion in 'iPad Hacks' started by chinmay007, May 18, 2011.

1. chinmay007 macrumors newbie

We all have been scratching our head with this update 4.3.3 breaking beloved multi-touch gesture. For iphone the usual old trick with editing the N90AP.plist (for iPhone 4) and N88AP.plist (for iPhone 3GS) still works. Lots of links are available to do so. Somehow the iPad is worst affected with this update with regards to the gestures. This is the simple way to re-enable the multitouch gestures.
    Of course this one will need you to SSH into the file system of the ipad. Either in-iPad app like iFile can be used to edit the required file or it can be edited after copying into the mac/pc using plist editors.

1) Navigate to System >> Library >> CoreServices >> SpringBoard.app >> K48AP.plist as in picture 1.

2) Select the file K48AP.plist and use Property list viewer to edit the entries as in picture 2

3) Inside the file go to capabilities as in picture 3

4) Locate the option for multitouch gestures and turn it on as in picture 4.

This should enable the gesture back and make us happy. (picture 5)

Attached Files:

2. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

That's all well and good but the newest release of Redsn0w allows you to enable multitouch gestures on the iPad when you JB... and it works fine.

3. chinmay007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes.., i tried that too but didn't work.

4. kuebby macrumors 68000

kuebby

Really? Worked fine for me, just appeared in Settings when I JB'd. I didn't do it on my iPhone but it gave me the option for that as well.

5. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

6. chinmay007 thread starter macrumors newbie

It probably works with Xcode 4(newer paid version) but not for the version 3.2.6

7. chinmay007 thread starter macrumors newbie

This issue is raised in other threads as well, some people have reported the unaltered status after update while some have faced screen freeze. The redsn0w option helped till 4.3.2 so as pawnage tool.

8. unplug macrumors newbie

Guys, need help!!!!

I just got my ipad, it come with ios 4.3.3, can I enable it with xcode 3.14 that are already in my macbook?

or can I actually enable multitouch gesture with ios 4.3.3??

9. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

Well I done mine using Xcode so I don't know iOS 4.3 supports multitouch gestures.

10. anthro macrumors newbie

Doesn't work on my iPad 1 running 4.3.3_8J3. I jailbreaked with 4.3.3.1 (fresh install, I just bought this pre-owned) then my K48AP.plist already had <true/> for multitasking-gestures.

Any idea?

11. anthro macrumors newbie

Ok now. I just ran redsn0w_mac_0.9.6rc18 with the option that lets multitasking gestures checked.

12. borgqueenx macrumors 65816

same situation. any solution?

13. scottphillips88 macrumors member

Guys, just search for "gestures" in Cydia. Install the second package even though it says only for iPad 4.3.1

Then enable MT gestures in Winterboard under settings.

Then the gestures menu appears under general

Workin on my 16GB iPad wifi on 4.3.3

14. kdesign7 macrumors 6502a

Not gonna lie - I didn't think I would enjoy the MultiGestures... Wow... It did take a few minutes or so to get the hang of it... but oh my... I like.

15. elpocholo7, Jul 8, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2011

elpocholo7 macrumors newbie

I jailbreaked my iPad 2 and not purposely i found out MT Gestures are already enabled, in fact i can go through background apps with the 4 Fingers-swipe gesture, although there's no menu in settings to disable/enable MT Gestures. Anyone has this too? And how do you make the menu to appear in settings without installing Winterboard ? Thanks!

16. kenniiiiii macrumors member

ok i installed the package multitasking gestures and winterboard. i have multitasking gestures on. but it ask me to enable it in winterboard. but theres no option in winterboard to enable it. any idea?

do i need xcode?

17. timidhermit macrumors regular

Again, any possibility with enabling gesture WITHOUT Winterboard or installing Xcode for iPad 2, similar to redsn0w for iPad 1?